Amazing Tree related Facts, did you know?
- The largest individual tree in the world is the Giant Redwood called the “General Sherman”, which has a height of about 275 ft. a girth of 25 ft and a volume of 52,500 cubic feet.
- The world’s tallest tree is a Coast Redwood in California at 360ft.
- Britain’s oldest tree is probably the Fortingall Yew in Tayside, which is believed to be over 3000 years old.
- A single tree can absorb CO2 at a rate of 48 lb. per year.
- Trees act as natural pollution filters by absorbing pollutants through the stomates in leaf surfaces.
- An acre of trees absorbs enough CO2 over one year to equal the amount produced by driving a car 26,000 miles.
- Spiral Health CIC saved 108 trees through its Shredding and Recycling program in 2012
Big rounds of applause go to the Spiral Health staff teams who have made a positive impact towards doing their bit for the environment. Their commitment to reducing paper waste and recycling paper has paid off, over the last 12 months they have reduced their paper and card waste to a total of 13. 108 trees. It does not sound a lot, but it’s about doing the right thing.